Check back often for the latest updates on news and information about upcoming squadron activities
Sent on behalf of Cmdre M.T.J. Kurtz, Comd CJCR // Envoyé au nom du Cmdre M.T.J. Kurtz, Cmdt CRJC
BILINGUAL EMAIL / COURRIEL BILINGUE
2021 CADET SUMMER TRAINING
References: A. 2021 2 11 - DFHP Consolidated Advice re Cadet Camp Planning
B. 2021 Spring and Summer Training Directive
C. FRAG O 001 to 2021 Spring and Summer Training Directive
D. FRAG O 002 to 2021 Spring and Summer Training Directive
1. In response to the continuing and evolving novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and medical advice from the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) Surgeon General and Director Force Health Protection (DFHP) at reference A, the Commander of Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers (CJCR), has made the decision to cancel all overnight in-person cadet training activities for the summer of 2021.
2. The cancellation of overnight in-person training effects all courses originally offered through in-person training at a Cadet Training Centre (CTC), Cadet Flying Training Centre (CFTC) and through contracted flight schools as detailed in reference C. This includes advanced training opportunities such as Advanced Sail, CAF Basic Parachutists Course, Leadership and Challenge, Glider Pilot Training Course (GPTC), Power Pilot Training Courses (PPTC) and Force Generation (FG) flying for cadets.
3. With the cancellation of these courses the CJCR will shift its focus and resources to ensuring the effective delivery of virtual course offerings through the three virtual Cadet Training Centres (CTC(V)), the virtual Cadet Advisory Council (CAC) and non-overnight in-person activities including the summer Cadet Activity Program (CAP), where health measures permit, and the conduct of other localized in-person daytime activities. Updated direction and guidance for summer 2021 with relation to this decision has been promulgated through reference D.
4. The CJCR will honour the periods of service of adult staff and staff cadets who have received offers of employment to work at an in-person CTC for summer 2021, if they are still interested. These individuals will be reassigned to support either non-overnight day training, CTC(V) training, or other special projects as directed through their Regional Cadet Support Unit (RCSU).
5. The CJCR is collaborating with Department of National Defence (DND) and CAF as well as with other federal departments in order to maintain proper situational awareness on the COVID-19 situation in Canada and globally to synchronize interdepartmental response under the lead of Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada. As a result, the situation is continuously being monitored and decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
END OF ENGLISH TEXT / DÉBUT DU TEXTE EN FRANÇAIS
The Air Cadet League of Canada – Ontario Provincial Committee is a volunteer-led organization in partnership with the Canadian Armed Forces. The OPC supports 9000+ youth to develop valuable unmatched leadership skills, build lifelong relationships and prepare for a future in aviation.
Enter by April 1st 2021, 10am for a Chance to Win $5,000 Cash Early Bird Prize!
HOW TO GET YOUR TICKETS
This year -- the only way to get the tickets is to purchase online only.
The squadron has purchased the mandatory amount of tickets for our squadron from the OPC outright - if any cash is won, it will go right back to the squadron.
This is your opportunity to purchase a ticket or two if you want. 50% of the proceeds come back to the squadron for all additional tickets purchased.
The link is above - make sure you are selecting 608 Belleville to make your purchase.
More ways to win! Be sure to check out www.aclopc5050.com for additional ways to support the Air Cadets and WIN BIG! Raffle License # RAF1198667
This is the 50/50 Draw – if anyone wants to participate – select 608 Belleville and proceeds come back to us for this as well.
In order for cadets, CIC Officers, Civilian Instructors and SSC members to be authorized to participate in in-person activities they will need to complete the following:
1. Complete the COVID-19 Awareness Course
COMPLETE THE COVID-19 AWARENESS COURSE
READ THE COVID-19 AIDE-MEMOIRE