Just a few points for the Sunday November 18th, 2018 Santa Claus Parade in Belleville, taking off from the Belleville Fairgrounds/Racetrack Property at 4:30pm:
- All bands need to arrive at the property for 4:00pm and check in
- Enter through the farthest west fenceline entrance to the property off Bridge Street West … if you get to the Belmont Nursing Home you have gone too far!
- If you carry a small instrument and are coming by car, please park in an outlying lot and walk onto the property (Shoppers Drug Mart plaza, Giant Tiger plaza, old Ben Bleecker lot east of the Fairgrounds, etc.)
- If you are carpooling we can find you a space on the grounds.
- Pipes & Drums and other Marching Bands … leave 1 of your members with me at the gate opening and send your other members into the Curling Club to stay warm (see map for location)
- At the appropriate time I will cue that member to go to the Curling Club and collect all of you to slot into the lineup
- You will be following the route along Bridge Street to the downtown core, heading north up Front Street, then over the bridge and north up North Front Street passing Belleville Funeral Home & Chapel, traveling over the CN Rail overpass, turn left on King George Square and end on the Quinte Secondary School grounds.
If you arrive earlier and are hungry the concession at the Curling Club IS OPEN and their menu is attached.
Sunday 18th November 2018
Cadets are to arrive before 4:00pm in the assembly area (Belleville Fairgrounds, in front of the Curling Club/Grandstand). The parade leaves the assembly area at 4:30pm. We will be ending in the Parking Lot behind Quinte Secondary building at around 6:00pm. (This is a rough estimate based on parade order, duration of parade, etc.)
All band members, and cadets with issued instruments are to attend unless excused by the CO. Cadets will also be needed for flag party, Squadron banner, auxiliary percussion, and marching in flight.
Cadets are to wear full uniform with cadet parka (inner and outer, hood tucked in) black gloves, wedge with cadet toque in pocket. Cadets are also to wear under long-sleeve shirts, long-john, and wool/thick socks.
A reminder that participation in parades and other extra curricular cadet activities count towards CO's prioritization for summer training.
Friday 16th November 2018
Band/Flag Party - 5:00pm-8:00pm. Cadets that are not in the Band but marching in the Santa Claus Parade are to come from 7:00pm-8:00pm for marching practice.
Note: There will not be a Drill Team practice this Friday.
Deadline to submit to Squadron will be 28th November 2018. This is to allow the CO and SSC to fully review application before official deadline.
This is cadets interested in:
International Air Cadet Exchange
Power Pilot Scholarship
Glider Pilot Scholarship
Advanced Aviation Technology Courses:
Advanced Aerospace Course
Friday 9th November 2018
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm - Band & Flag Party Practice. After practice, cadets are to bring required equipment home for Remembrance Day including: instruments, drums, Squadron flag, gauntlets, white belts, etc.
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm - Drill Team Practice. Supply will be open for cadets needing last minute uniform requirements for Remembrance Day. Note: This will be first-come/first serve. Supply is limited in supply for Parka inner/outer, toques, pants, wedges, boots. New recruits are to wear cadet issued toque, black or air force blue toques, and black gloves for Remembrance Day if they do not have complete uniform. Some toques and gloves may be available Sunday Morning as well.
Sunday 11th November 2018
All cadets to attend, unless excused by the CO. Cadets are to meet at the Belleville Cenotaph at 1015hrs. Dress is C1. This will include: tunic, medals, parka, wedge (toque if no uniform issued), black gloves, and poppy pinned to left chest.