Check back often for the latest updates on news and information about upcoming squadron activities
Ref: 2021 Spring and Summer Training Directive, 9 November 2020
a. 2021 CTC Staff Cadet serials are now posted in Fortress to all units. Application end date is 31 March 2021;
b. most 2021 CTC Summer Course serials are now posted in Fortress to all units. Some Out of Region courses will be posted when details are finalized. Application end dates vary; and
c. selections will be based on review of the cadets personnel file in Fortress. CO’s are requested to review their cadet’s files for completeness and accuracy.
For Your Situational Awareness - FYSA
2021 In-house CTC Staff Cadet and Summer Course selections will be actioned by the J5 Plans O’s.
Virtual CTC course selection process is still under discussion. More to Follow.
All posted serials are listed in the attached spreadsheets.
2021 CTC STAFF CADET SERIALS
2021 CTC COURSE CADET SERIALS
1. Further to the suspension of in-person activities ordered at ref, the Ontario Government has issued a Stay-at-Home Order until 10 Feb 21. Accordingly, the suspension of in-person activities for all Corps / Sqns in Ontario is extended until 2359 hrs 10 Feb 21.
2. Until 10 Feb 21, staff members may only attend facilities in-person to complete essential work that cannot be done virtually and all such work must be approved in advance by the Area OC. Corps / Sqns are encouraged to continue virtual trg during the period of the Stay-at-Home Order.
3. Based on local COVID 19 conditions, there may be some health regions / municipalities that remain suspended from in-person activities after 10 Feb 21. Not later than 5 Feb 21, we will communicate the areas of Ontario where Corps / Sqns are permitted to resume in-person trg as of 11 Feb 21 and those areas that will remain suspended.
The below submission to one of 418 Wing Tips Bulletins - January 2021. 418 Wing (Belleville) Royal Canadian Air Force Association is one of our official sponsors of 608 Sqn and Capt Russell has been providing articles over the last few years. This months article about 608 Sqn was written by a 608 cadet.
This Email along with the attached flyer is for forwarding to all corps/sqns slated to participate in March Break CAP as a multi-day single-unit activity open to all corps/san cadets.
It is important to note the following:
1. Registration close in Fortress is being changed to 15 Feb 21.
2. Parents will be responsible for drop-off and pick up at the trg locations (sites will be staffed at least 1 hr before and after scheduled times to allow for early drop-off / late pick-up).
3. We are in a very unpredictable period of the second wave of COVID-19 in Ontario. A spike immediately following the Winter Break was anticipated, and led to the decision to suspend in-person cadet activities until at least 1 Feb 21 well before the year-end holidays. Predictions were that daily case counts would continue to increase following the holiday period, and peak toward the end of January / early February; however, it is unclear now as to whether February will bring a leveling off and decline in rates or if the new, more contagious COVID-19 strains will lead to sustained spread of the virus at increasing levels. Planning and preparation to deliver the CAP during March Break will continue, with RCSU Central and CJCR HQ continuing to closely and actively monitoring the trends. The safety of all CCO members remains paramount, and CAP will only occur when and where it can be done safely. We do not want to set up unreasonable expectations, nor cause disappointment. A go / no-go decision for CAP will be made regionally not later than 1 Mar 21, which will identify which locations are good to proceed based on the local conditions. Monitoring of the local conditions will continue for each approved site, and the activities will only proceed if local conditions support doing so safely.
4. Corps / Sqn COs and staff are asked to actively promote this opportunity to their cadets, and to register cadets in Fortress as they express interest. Please temper cadet (and parent) expectations. While we will put every effort into developing a fun and engaging program, we will not compromise on safety and if that means shutting down certain sites, or everything, up to the last minute, that is the reality of these times we find ourselves in.
5. Planning for Summer CAP 2021 is underway. In the event March Break CAP cannot be conducted by the unit, every effort will be made to work with the unit to develop a summer 2021 CAP opportunity.