Check back often for the latest updates on news and information about upcoming squadron activities
This Email along with the attached flyer is for forwarding to all corps/sqns slated to participate in March Break CAP as a multi-day single-unit activity open to all corps/san cadets.
It is important to note the following:
1. Registration close in Fortress is being changed to 15 Feb 21.
2. Parents will be responsible for drop-off and pick up at the trg locations (sites will be staffed at least 1 hr before and after scheduled times to allow for early drop-off / late pick-up).
3. We are in a very unpredictable period of the second wave of COVID-19 in Ontario. A spike immediately following the Winter Break was anticipated, and led to the decision to suspend in-person cadet activities until at least 1 Feb 21 well before the year-end holidays. Predictions were that daily case counts would continue to increase following the holiday period, and peak toward the end of January / early February; however, it is unclear now as to whether February will bring a leveling off and decline in rates or if the new, more contagious COVID-19 strains will lead to sustained spread of the virus at increasing levels. Planning and preparation to deliver the CAP during March Break will continue, with RCSU Central and CJCR HQ continuing to closely and actively monitoring the trends. The safety of all CCO members remains paramount, and CAP will only occur when and where it can be done safely. We do not want to set up unreasonable expectations, nor cause disappointment. A go / no-go decision for CAP will be made regionally not later than 1 Mar 21, which will identify which locations are good to proceed based on the local conditions. Monitoring of the local conditions will continue for each approved site, and the activities will only proceed if local conditions support doing so safely.
4. Corps / Sqn COs and staff are asked to actively promote this opportunity to their cadets, and to register cadets in Fortress as they express interest. Please temper cadet (and parent) expectations. While we will put every effort into developing a fun and engaging program, we will not compromise on safety and if that means shutting down certain sites, or everything, up to the last minute, that is the reality of these times we find ourselves in.
5. Planning for Summer CAP 2021 is underway. In the event March Break CAP cannot be conducted by the unit, every effort will be made to work with the unit to develop a summer 2021 CAP opportunity.