In order to keep cadets engaged, 608 Duke of Edinburgh Squadron will be issuing out a challenge or activity every week. The goal of this initiative is to keep cadets engaged with the program though alternative methods while spending time in self-isolation.
Challenge/Activity #1: "Construct a Model Aerodrome"
- Cadets have access to the following Instructional Guides (IGs) below
- Cadets may use any resource at their disposal
- Pictures of completed projects can be privately messaged to the Squadron's Facebook Page or through the email link below.
- The top aerodromes will be judged in the following categories: Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4, and Level 5
- We encourage enlisting family members/ housemates to assist with your aerodrome
- All aerodromes will be accepted for the challenge (adult staff, SSC, alumni, family, friends, etc.)
- Questions/ concerns can be directed through the below email link
This challenge is due on Wednesday 1st April 2020 at 1800hrs (6:00 PM)
Formation is requesting information pertaining to all adults and cadets who are in self-isolation, suspected COVID-19, who are infected, and who may have been released from self-isolation. This information is necessary to determine implications to the cadet program as the leadership is working to stay ahead of things and to provide as much advance notice to everyone as possible.
***IF YOUR STATUS CHANGES PLEASE SUBMIT A NEW FORM***
THE BELOW EMAIL IS ONLY FOR CADETS SGT AND ABOVE THAT HAVE ALREADY PLACED AN ORDER:
Good evening everyone!
This email is regarding the purchasing of squadron jackets.
The three-week break has put all of us in a bit of a jam, but I've decided to go ahead and order the jackets so that hopefully we will be able to get them by May at the latest.
If you prefer paying in cash, I will be collecting money the week we return to our normal Wednesday night schedule which is hopefully the 8th of April.
Just a reminder on some of the details:
Colour: Carbon Black
Design: Embroidered crest on the front left chest. *Last name on left sleeve (changed because of the waterproof material of the jacket)
More details on the jacket can be found below including a sizing chart:
StormTech Nautilus Performance Jacket
If you have any questions or concerns, you have changed your mind on your size or purchasing a jacket entirely, please let me know by Friday or I will just proceed with the order you have given me.
Thank you and stay safe!
Refs: A. CATO 14-06 Training or Recreational Trips
B. CANFORGEN 039/20
C. 3350-Op LASER 20-01
D. CANCDTGEN 010/20
1. In response to developments in the outbreak of a novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Natl CJCR Sp Gp has CANCELLED ALL CADET ACTIVITIES, including local training, for three weeks effective immediately. Prior to Friday, April 03, 2020, further direction will be provided, including the potential for this cancellation to be extended.
2. The National Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Support Group (Natl CJCR Sp Gp) has been directed to adopt an aggressive posture to minimize personnel risk of exposure and to prevent the CAF and cadets from becoming a transmission vector. As such, CANCDTGEN 010/20 was released on March 12, 2020 issuing amplifying direction related to the execution of Cadet and Junior Canadian Ranger (JCR) activities, and preventative measures to better protect CAF members, cadets and JCRs and their families from COVID-19.
3. The safety and welfare of all who participate in our programs is always our top priority, as such we take very seriously our responsibility to protect cadets from any real or apparent health or safety concern.
4. The Natl CJCR Sp Gp is collaborating with Department of National Defence and CAF as well as with other federal departments in order to maintain proper situational awareness on the COVID-19 situation in Canada and globally to synchronize interdepartmental response under the lead of Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada. As a result, the situation is continuously being monitored and decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
5. All available and updated information for the Natl CJCR Sp Gp response to COVID-19 can be found on the CCO net at: http://collaboration.cco.nat/sites/NAT/SitePages/covid19.aspx, DWAN: https://collab.cadets.gc.ca/sites/NAT/SitePages/covid19.aspx
Friday 13th March 2020
Due to unforeseen circumstances practices have been cancelled this evening. An official social media post will be posted shortly.