Check back often for the latest updates on news and information about upcoming squadron activities
Cadet Fitness Assessment Incentive Program - COVID-19 Update
Refs: A. CATO 14-18, Cadet Fitness Assessment and Incentive Program
B. CATO 13-02, Merit-Based Cadet Rank Promotions – Corps/Squadron
C. 1085-5 (DCOS Trg) Tasking Order 002 to Campaign Plan – Move to Phase 3 Within A COVID Environment 2020-2021 dated 18 Aug 20
D. CANCDTGEN 017/20, Direction and Guidance Related to the Close Out of the 2019-2020 Corps/Squadron Training Year
1. In accordance with References A and B, the Cadet Fitness Assessment Incentive Program (CFAIP) is a mandatory activity within the corps/squadron program beginning in Year Two and is a criteria for promotion after the rank of Able Cadet/Cadet Lance Corporal/Leading Air Cadet through to Petty Officer Cadet First Class/Cadet Warrant Officer/Cadet Flight Sergeant. Cadets in Year Two are required to complete only the cardiovascular component, while cadets in Year Three and above must complete all components, to include cardiovascular, muscular strength, and muscular flexibility as part of PO X04 (Personal Fitness & Healthy Living).
2. Comd Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers directed at Reference C that an asymmetrical approach to return to training will be adopted for training year (TY) 20/21. Factors such as local public health measures and facility availability will impact if a corps/squadron is authorized to train in-person or must continue to train virtually. However, no cadet will be disadvantaged for not completing aspects of the program due to in-person activity limitations.
3. Effective immediately, the CFAIP incentive level will be awarded based on completion of the muscular strength and muscular flexibility components only, as these components can be completed and assessed through virtual means. Corps/squadrons, that are authorized to train in-person and can safely conduct the cardiovascular component, should continue to include that component as part of the assessment, but will not incorporate those results when determining the cadet’s incentive level. Incentive levels will be awarded as follows:
a. all four incentive level results from the four muscular strength and muscular flexibility tests will be considered; and
b. the overall incentive level will correspond to the lowest achieved incentive level from the two components; for example, a cadet who receives
4. Direction was provided at Reference D on the process required to administer the close out of cadet training records in Fortress for TY 19/20. CFAIP qualifications were not allocated in bulk during the close out process; any qualification would have been entered by the corps/squadron. In accordance with reference B, participation in the CFAIP is a criteria for promotion. Any cadet without a CFAIP qualification for TY 19/20 will be allocated the “Participated” incentive level as of 15 Mar 20 by IT SMC. Corps/squadrons should make arrangements to conduct the CFAIP as detailed above for TY 20/21.
5. In accordance with reference C, direction will be provided on the process to close out training records for TY 20/21 NLT 15 Jan 21.