AMPLIFYING DIRECTION - SPRING AND SUMMER 2020 ACTIVITIES CANCELLATION
Refs: A. CANCDTGEN 15/20.
B. NATL CJCR SPG GP – AMPLIFICATION TO COVID-19 DIRECTIVE – VERSION 003 – PH 3 – SPRING AND SUMMER 2020 ACTIVITIES CANCELLATION, 15 April 2020.
C. CANCDTGEN 14/20.
D. NATL CJCR SPG GP COVID-19 DIRECTIVE – VERSION 003 – PHASE 3, 27 Mar 2020.
E. CANCDTGEN 17/20.
F. A-CR-CCP-940/PG-001 - Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Dress Instruction
G. A-DH-265-000/AG-001 – Canadian Forces Dress Instructions
1. At refs A through D, Comd Natl CJCR Sp Gp cancelled all in-person activities to 31 Aug 20, including the closing of the cadet training year. Guidance was provided at Ref E on actions to close the training year. Authority for resumption of work and return to normal activities rests with Comd Natl CJCR Sp Gp, through the RCSU chain of command.
2. Through this CANCDTGEN, I want to re-emphasize my priority to keep everyone safe and for the program not to become a vector for the spread of COVID-19. I am providing amplifying direction and guidance related to fundraising, virtual activities and flying ops.
3. As there is no exceptional circumstances that would warrant in-person fundraising, the direction provided at ref B remains in effect; no in-person fundraising activities are authorized until further notice.
4. Virtual activities are encouraged in order for our youth and corps and squadrons (C/S) to remain engaged. Virtual activities will be conducted IAW the conditions listed below.
5. Cadets and staff are encouraged to participate in virtual activities on their own or as authorised by C/S CO, and will do so from their home location. No gathering is authorized. Where exceptional circumstances may arise, any request for in-person activities planned outside of the home, virtual or not, will only be authorized by RCSU COs.
6. Wear of cadet uniforms: as per Ref F, uniforms for cadets may only be worn for official cadet functions, which have been cancelled. Cadets are allowed to wear their uniform in order to participate in virtual activities from their home, as authorized by the C/S CO or during stay at home challenges presented on the official Cadets Canada Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube channels. Cadets are not authorized to wear their uniform outside of their home, unless authorized by RCSU COs under exceptional circumstances.
7. Wear of CAF uniforms: as per auth stated at Ref G, COATS members are allowed to wear their uniform in order to participate in virtual activities from their home, as authorized by the C/S CO. COATS members are not authorized to wear their uniform outside of their home, unless authorized by RCSU COs under exceptional circumstances.
8. Corps and squadrons are encouraged to organize and participate in virtual activities, such as virtual annual ceremonial reviews (ACRs) and parade nights. However, these activities are to be optional in nature, and will not count towards Cadet training. Corps and squadrons who are unable to arrange virtual activities may direct their cadets to the Cadets Canada social media accounts to participate in the #Stay at home challenge, or visit the Cadet Learning Portal at https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/cadets-junior-canadian-rangers/cadets/learningportal.html. Here they will find weekly events and activities to stay engaged and connected to the Cadet program.
9. Ideas for the conduct of virtual cadet activities can be found on the adult learning portal at https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/cadets-junior-canadian-rangers/members/adultlearningportal.html
10. In exceptional circumstances, flying ops may be authorized by the Comd NCJCR Sp Gp. RCSU COs are to staff request through DCOS Ops.
END OF ENGLISH TEXT / DÉBUT DU TEXTE EN FRANÇAIS