Check back often for the latest updates on news and information about upcoming squadron activities
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ONLY APPLIES TO WARRANTS INTERESTED IN THIS OPPORTUNITY*
We have just received information regarding the Civil Air Patrol’s Cadet Officer School (CAP COS) NDA that will be conducted in Montgomery, Alabama. The dates for this opportunity are 20 Jun – 4 Jul 20. Deadline for applications for both cadets and Escort Officers (EO) is 28 Feb 20.
The selection process for cadets will be based upon a file review and will be tabulated using the FORTRESS selection tool. The following scoring factors will be used, as follows:
- attendance – mandatory local activities;
- current rank;
- RDA / NDA participation;
- CTC qualifications;
- CTC staff cadet rank;
- total number of years enrolled in the cadet program;
- Cadet Fitness Assessment level;
- age; and
- Squadron CO priority ranking.
In addition to the Fortress participation application, the following supporting documents must be submitted:
- Pre-Selection (28 Feb 20) – Proof of Birth (birth certificate) / Nationality (Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant Status Card); and
- Post-Selection (TBD) – Passport, page 3 (photocopy) *must be valid for at least 6 months beyond NDA end date.
There will be a slight modification to the scoring factors, which will be identified in the Sp Gp Instr once released. Squadrons may submit no more than two applications to be considered for CAP COS NDA. However, regardless of placement on the RCSU selection list, a maximum of one cadet per squadron will be considered for selection. Cadets are only eligible to be selected for one international exchange opportunity (IACE or CAP COS NDA) each training year. Cadets are authorized to apply for both opportunities, but will be required to choose one or the other if selected for both.